Monday 9 September 2013

Introduction Time

Hello Everyone!

My name is Carla Watson and I am a current Public History MA student at the University of Western Ontario. This blog was created for my History 9808a: Digital History course and will document particular things I am learning in my courses, as well as history related topics that I find interesting.

A little about myself. Born and raised in the prairie provinces, I attended the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. There, I obtained a BA Honours in History with a minor in Anthropology. During my time at the U of S, I had the amazing opportunity to study abroad in South Africa for a summer, learning about the history, politics, and social structure of the country. I was also privileged enough to work at the Museum of Antiquities, a museum on campus that specializes in ancient artworks and artefacts from the Near East, Egypt, Greece, and Rome, as well as a few medieval pieces. I worked as the Education Coordinator in my final year of study, developing custom tour packages and PowerPoint presentations for teachers to use in their classrooms. This past summer, I developed kids' camps that were themed around ancient societies like the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Aztecs, and Chinese.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this blog and spreading the word about all things history.

No comments:

Post a Comment